Saturday 20 August 2016

Illumicrate Unboxing & Review!

Hi all!

A few days ago I received my Illumicrate box for August and - WOW. This box was so so good! It two books, as well as beautiful bookish extras that I can't wait to use or stick up on my wall!



*Note: This post will contain spoilers for the box, so if you haven't received yours yet wait to check it out!*




The Books:

Nevernight by Jay Kristoff - This book has been all over bookstagram recently! I was already planning on buying it soon, so when I found that a HARDCOVER version of it was included in this box I may have squealed a little bit. Everyone has raved about it and I loved Illuminae, which Kristoff co-wrote with Amie Kaufman, so I have high hopes. Plus the cover is gorgeous, and there are not one but two maps! What more could a bookworm want?


The Graces by Laura Eve - The Graces is actually out in a month, so this book feels extra special! The cover is, again, stunning, and as I read the summary I realised I had meant to remember to buy this a while ago. The letter from the author added a nice personal touch to the box, especially as it was in her handwriting, and has really intrigued me about the book.




The Bookish Goodies!

Of which there are many, so I think I'm going to list them all briefly. In no particular order, I received:
  • 2 Harry Potter coasters (which are as amazing as they sound)
  •  A Nevernight poster and Bookmark
  • A bookplate for Nevernight and for The Graces
  • Absolutely beautiful posters for Red Rising by Pierce Brown (which I unfortunately haven't read yet, but they are gorgeous)
  • Grisha and Six of Crows themed COLOURING-IN QUOTES. This was a highlight for me, even though I haven't read Six of Crows or completed the Grisha trilogy!
  • Strawberry tea - I'm not a tea drinker but I'm up for trying
    a new flavour
  • A tote bag which is apparently Gilmore Girls related (I have been catching up with the other GG - Gossip Girl - instead so I haven't watched it yet)
  • A discount code for Unboxed by Non Pratt
  • A discount code for a bookmark from My Bookmark
This box was jam-packed with wonderful things, and I'm so happy with it!

Did anyone else receive and Illumicrate? What did you think of it? What was your favourite item?
Thanks for reading (:


No comments:

Post a Comment